I have to start out this post with a quick shout out. Thank you to my family, I have the world's most supportive family, also to my work family and my friends. Thanks for even reading this!!!
I left off in Vegas. Amazing trip with great friends. When I came home, it was time to face the music. My ex and I decided that he would stay in our house and I would move out. I know, every divorce attorney will tell you not to move out, but I did. I was to keep my "children", my pup Coley, the most wonderful black lab (next to my Jakey boy of course) and my special cat London. My parents were kind enough to open their home to my Coley. He still is there with them and is very happy. As much as I miss his face every single day, my parents have taken to him like he was their own. I am a very lucky girl, and Coley is a very lucky pup.
London and I moved into our first apartment, next door to one of my best friends. It was weird, but I was happy, and I had one of my BFF's next door, without my "mouse" and "princess" I would probably be dead in a ditch. Of course London was happy because she was no longer being chased by a 95 pound lab, but this was the first time I was out on my own. It was August 2010. I was now single, and had no idea what dating even was. I had never had to date before. I met my ex husband in college, and then we married right after.
I went out with my friends, we had fun, and I met this cute guy. He asked me for my number. The whole thing was so strange, I had never been asked that before, was flattered and did not know what to do. He leaves the bar, I stay with my friends. After I got home, I'm getting ready for bed and I get a text from the guy who I met at the bar. It says, "Are you ready for daddy?". Needless to say, I was completely grossed out and never responded. Who says that?!
So, this is where my dating life starts, not with "daddy"-I never spoke to him again, but guys in general. I think I am still single for a reason. I'm not a man hater at all. I would love to fall in love and be happy. This is just my story, and with a little luck, by the time I'm done telling, I hope to have found what I am looking for.
No comments:
Post a Comment