Sunday, April 15, 2012

The one that got away




I left off with talking about “Daddy”. So gross.  Shortly after and a little bit before that I reconnected with a guy that is every girls dream.  He’s the knight in shining armor, the type of person that would put anyone before himself. 

He is actually someone that I had known for quite a long time, and is, and always will be, a friend to me and my family.  Did I cling onto him because he was familiar and knew he would protect me?  Absolutely.  Did I manage to screw things up between us, to the point that I thought he would be out of my life forever?  Absolutely. 

This is probably the one thing that I do regret.  I wish that I had enough common sense to realize that if I took things slowly with him, after our reconnection that I may not be in the position I am in now.  But, unfortunately I wasn’t at that point in my life yet.  I think I may have done everything possible to push this person away from me.  I remember one night, we were talking and he told me that I need to be single for a while.  I had always been in a relationship, since he has known me, and I needed to be single. 

Of course I did not want to take his advice.  I thought that I knew it all.  I thought that if I had continued in my ways that I would somehow end up happy.  Well, he was right.  I did need the time to be single.  He also told me that I needed to be back with my family, and to get my life back on track.

Have I made my own mistakes? Yes.  Have I made choices that have gotten me in trouble? Yes. Was he absolutely right in the advice he had given me? Yes. Was he right that I needed to get my life back on track? Yes.

He is the one who got away.  I know he will always be in my life, I’m not sure what that looks like, but he has, and always will be someone I have the utmost respect for.  Had I not screwed my life up for a bit maybe we would be together hunting armadillos in a Southern state where we both appreciate the music? Maybe. What I do know is that I will always have a special place in my heart for him.  I hope he can one day forgive me for all that I have done; going way back to when we were in high school. He is a wonderful person and forever I wish him the best.  He always has told me, even in the ups and downs that I am a good person and come from a good family.  That is a very special person.  I am happy to have him in my heart for always.  


I hope one day, everyone who reads this can find a person like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment