Picture this. May 2010, I'm getting ready to go to volleyball, standing in my beautiful brand new kitchen that my Dad had helped us remodel, when I have to make the heads up phone call to one of my girlfriends who was on the team. I had to tell her that my ex and I had decided to end our marriage because I knew if I walked in I would burst into tears. I did not know which way was up or down, I had no idea what I was going to do with this house we had just purchased in August, a million thoughts ran through my head and I don't even think at that point it had even sunken in that we were over.
She came and picked me up, I played probably the best three matches I ever did (which by the way was still not great, I was way better in college int.) , had a shot of patron and went back to my big empty house. Lucky I have such a great friend, she stayed with me for what would be my first of many nights by myself.
The next day it sunk in. I wanted to call off from work and just sit and cry all day. She would not let me. I got off my sorry booty and got on with my day. After I came home from work, we made a plan. We're going to Vegas.
That summer, Vegas it was. I will not be telling the stories of Vegas, as those are between the three of us girls who were there having the time of our lives.
So this would be my best advice to anyone who has just had a big break up. Get you booty to the gym, grab your girlies, your best dresses and bikinis and go to Vegas. Have an amazing time and make memories that you will never speak of again. Because if you do, you won't be invited back.
No comments:
Post a Comment